I guess when you’re young, you just believe there’ll be many people with whom you’ll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.
44. What’s the best part about school? Definitely the people. Very excited to get back to them. 54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat? Yes. 57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? Yep. 61. How’s your heart? Pretty reckless.
It’s a very powerful thing when someone sees you as the person you wish you were.
When asked if he prepared Russell for the plot of “The Day of the Doctor [:] “It’s difficult with Russell because he doesn’t like spoilers. When we worked together on the show, we tried not to spoil each other. I’m really serious. When I was doing ‘Silence in the Library,’ [he said], ‘I want you to have River Song pre-figure something about what’s going to happen to Donna, and I said, ‘Don’t tell me what’s going to happen to Donna!’ And I said, ‘What kind of thing is it?’ ‘It’s sad, Steven. It’s very very sad.’ I said, ‘OK OK, I’ll put something sad in.’ [Former production head] Julie Gardner was sitting there saying, ‘You’re working on the same TV show. You can’t behave like this.’
So I work at a photo lab and an elderly woman came up to pay and after each transaction I have, I ask: “can I help you find anything else today?” She responded with, “A million bucks.” The elderly man behind her said, “Ma’am, if you want a million bucks, just look in the mirror.” Her jaw dropped and she was completely smitten.
This man is at least 80 years old and his pussy game is immortal.
- Brave New World, Aldous Huxley (from The Tempest)
- The Dogs of War, Frederick Forsyth (from Julius Caesar)
- Alms for Oblivion, Simon Raven (from Troilus and Cressida)
- The Sound and the Fury, William Faulkner (from Macbeth)
- Remembrance of Things Past, Marcel Proust (from Sonnets)
“Like most of the others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. I was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but I felt somehow that my instincts were right. I shared a vagrant optimism that some of us were making real progress, that we…
Writing is a socially acceptable form of getting naked in public
Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.